Every now and then, I get an itch to create something that straddles the highly permeable boundary between the creative and the practical, like a business logo or a civic project. I considered naming this category “vision” but decided that this leaned too far toward the creative side; I finally settled on “design.”
Below are some of my design concepts.
- DC Transportation Optimization – Including a new vision for the Metro, and a broad package of civil engineering reforms to ease commute and raise DC revenues.
- Logo designs:
- National Museum of Sail – A new Smithsonian museum dedicated to the history of sail travel.
- National Zoo on the Potomac – Let’s ditch Reagan National and give the National Zoo more and better space.
- One America – A new vision for US rail travel.
- Villenoire – An Age of Jazz themed urban park, complete with elements dedicated to film noir, Prohibition, and WW2 nostalgia.